Posted by: Marita on: September 30, 2012
It would be an understatement to say we have missed satay a lot.
Before Heidi was born it was my husbands favourite sauce. Satay curries, satay on kebabs, satay sauce on his toasted cheese sandwich.
My peanut butter cravings were more refined. Aside from peanut M&Ms I missed peanut butter on my pancakes, a delicacy I grew fond of as a child at boarding school.
Pancakes MUST be covered in peanut butter and maple syrup.
Recently a friend introduced us to FreeNut butter a sunflower based peanut butter substitute. It is good, so very good and very peanut butter like in flavor and consistency.
This is our Peanut free version of Satay Chicken
1. Fry onion, garlic and capsicum in a little oil.
2. Add chicken and fry for a minute.
3. Add soy sauce, curry powder, peanut butter, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and chilli sauce.
4. Add hot water and combine.
5. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked.
6. Serve with brown rice.