Regarding the Laundry:
Dirty clothing can be place in two locations
1. The laundry, this is the room with the door to the backyard, I realise you don’t pay it much attention as it is simply a place to get through before you go outside but next time you are there stop and take a good look around. See that large black square thing, that is the dirty clothes basket, this is an ideal receptacle for clothing that is dirty, worn, smelly, wet and generally gross and unpleasant.
2. The bathroom, I know, I know, this is the room of torture where your hair gets pulled by the evil duo of comb and brush, you are assaulted by those evil pellets of water descending at high speed from the shower head and even upon occasion attacked by objects know as toothbrushes being inserted in your mouth. So let us be brief, into this room I will allow you to place your dirty clothing. It does not even have to be in the carefully placed red laundry basket, I will accept on the floor, in the tub, hanging on a rail or any other location you decide upon, provided it is within the bathroom.
Locations that are NOT acceptable for the leaving of dirty laundry
- in the corridor (most particularly beside the front door, if you must remove your clothing seconds after stepping inside then please relocate it to one of the two aforementioned approved locations).
- in your bedroom – on the floor, under the bed, back in the wardrobe, inside the toy box, on the bookshelf – anywhere in your bedroom is NOT appropriate for the storage of dirty clothing.
- in the kitchen (if dirty clothing continues to accumulate on my kitchen bench then this household cook will go on strike, I refuse to continue meal preparation under such unhygienic conditions.)
- on the dining table (see above re kitchen)
- in the loungeroom (it baffles me why you think our guests would like to view your dirty underwear collection.)
- anywhere else I see fit to add to this list
So in summary dear family – dirty clothing should be place upon removal either in the bathroom or the laundry. Any other location will result in clothing not being washed, this is no hardship to me as I am happy not to do the extra work and rest secure in the knowledge that my own clothing is clean and freshly laundered as I did indeed put it in the dirty laundry basket!